The Online MA Strategic Communication program launched in the spring of 2014 with just 16 students enrolled.
Beginning with our first graduating class in the fall of 2014 to fall 2018, we have 152 Online MA Strategic Communication alumni representing more than 6 countries, 25 states and 73 cities across the U.S.
Alumni work across various industries including science and technology communication, digital media, health communication, education outreach, government and political communications, corporate, retail, nonprofit, media and entertainment, and employee relations.
Quick Facts & Stats:
- Alumni undergraduate degrees span across more than 52 disciplines including communications, business, education, English, journalism, sociology, community health, information technology, and marketing
- 75% of graduates are female, 25% male
- The average age of alumni is 32
- 22% of graduates have changed positions since starting the program – 19% have moved into advanced roles and 12% now have manager, director, or VP titles.
- 13% of alumni work for national brands including Microsoft, Mail Chimp, Amazon, Boys & Girls Club of America, Sandals Resort. Weststar Media Entertainment, Russ Reid, Chase, T-Mobile, Motorola, Razorfish, Funko, and Heineken
- 7% of alumni are active or retired military
- 37% of graduates live in WA state
- 115 (95%) of alumni work in the field of professional communication under the following disciplines:
- 28%: public relations or advertising agencies
- 26%: nonprofit, government relations, political communications
- 15%: K-12 and higher education outreach
- 13%: science communications, technology, and digital marketing
- 8%: health communication and promotion
- 4%: media journalism and entertainment