- Applications deadlines are Aug 1, Dec 1 and April 15 for fall, spring and summer enrollment
- To apply, complete a general application with WSU Graduate School
- There is a $75 application fee (non-refundable)
- This program does not require any undergraduate prerequisites but applicants must have bachelor’s degree with GPA over 3
- No GRE required
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate institutions
- International students submit TOEFL
- Current professional resume that includes at least three professional references name and contact information
- Statement of Purpose articulating your perspectives, contributions, qualifications, and talents
The program is designed for individuals who are at least three years outside their undergraduate program and/or have at least three applied work experience. The coursework is bench-marked at a level best suited to those with solid work and life experience. Student engagement is built into each course and with it students benefit greatly from knowledge share and mutual exchange. We find that those with limited applied work experience are not fully equipped to contribute to those discussions in a meaningful way – nor are they as successful in completing the more complex course work. The decision to admit involves a full assessment of the applicant’s academic profile, the mix of experience they bring to the program and overall readiness for graduate-level work – not just undergraduate GPA or quality of their statement of purpose.
- Online students pay the in-state tuition rate
- The tuition is estimated at $587 per credit
- The estimated cost of program is $18,000
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least half-time SIX CREDITS to be eligible for financial aid.
- Veterans’ benefits. For questions, contact Blaine Golden (509) 335-1234 or email@example.com
To gain a better understanding of your perspectives, contributions, qualifications, and diverse talents, we ask that each applicant prepare a comprehensives statement of purpose. Admission decisions for the online MA Strategic Communications are based on a full assessment of the applicant’s academic profile, mix of experience they bring to the program and overall readiness for graduate-level work. Please address your experience in each category keeping in mind how you could contribute to the future community of excellence at WSU.Your statement of purpose should not exceed one page and should address the following:
- Why the online MA in Strategic Communication at WSU interests you – what attracted you to the program
- What led you to the desire of earning an advanced degree
- Where do you think your MA will lead you personally and/or professionally
- How the degree program fits into your current personal or professional path
- What are your goals in furthering your education? What do you hope to achieve through the curriculum?
- Other anecdotes or background information that will aid in evaluating whether or not you would thrive and be successful in the program